Care Delivery Trainer - Live-In Care
Salary between £21,000 and £22,000 DOE plus £3,000 Car Allowance.
37.5 hours per week including evenings and weekends
Are you looking for your next role in Learning & Development? Are you looking for a role with variety & opportunity to meet lots of people? If so then this is the role for you.
We are recruiting a Health & Social Care Trainer to join our Live-In division to support the delivery of induction, refresher and developmental training across the Live-In portfolio. This role is likely to be based in our High Wycombe branch providing training in across our UK locations mainly consisting of Bristol, Cambridge, High Wycombe and London. There may be a requirement to support the domiciliary division on occasion as directed by the Head of Learning & Development.
Role Objectives & Responsibilities:
- Deliver high quality L&D training interventions through multiple learning and development solutions using creative and innovative delivery methods and techniques.
- To maintain effective training records
- The role requires regular reporting to stakeholders
- The role will be home-based with a requirement to work across the business, there will be an expectation that at times you will have to work outside office hours, including weekends and bank holidays on occasions.
- Maintain up-to-date training and development plans for all staff.
- To deliver training to an agreed timescale and meets the individual needs and abilities of the staff.
- Ensure training targets are met and maintained in accordance with current legislation.
- Deliver appropriate training programmes in accordance with legislation and current industry best practice inclusive of Company Policy and Procedures.
- Liaise with Head of Learning and Development to evaluate and support staff through training programmes ensuring personal and organisational targets is achieved.
- Complete and maintain up-to-date records and tracking systems of all training delivered
- Monitor and maintain an up to date National Minimum Data Set – Skills for Care
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of legislation relevant to training and disseminate any new requirements appropriately to colleagues
- Maintain and monitor training equipment and report any issues to the Head of Learning and Development , as appropriate
- Ensuring that the Company’s activity in the area of responsibility is fully compliant with the Health and Social Care Act; and conforms in all respects with the standards and requirements of CQC and CSSIW and of any Local Authority with which the Company deals therein.
- Producing reports as required, including training Matrix and care Certificate progression
- Keep self-informed as to new training methods, qualifications and skills, required for effective performance and update businesses on requirements.
- Develop own self and maintain knowledge in learning, development and training, including best practice from our clients and competitors.
- Contributing to regular self CPD record.
Skills & Experience Required:
- PTLLS Level 3/4 qualification
- Train the Trainer Manual Handling or HABC Level 3 Award in Education and Training
- First Aid /BLS, Food Hygiene, Health & Safety, Medication Awareness, Infection Control, Fire Prevention/learning disabilities/Challenging Behaviour/Brain injury
- QCF/NVQ Level 3 Health and Social care (including the Safe Administration of Medicine unit) or working towards attainment
- Train the Trainer - Safeguarding Adults at Risk (or equivalent)
- First Aid at Work Certificate
- Current, sound experience of working in care provision, especially with a clinical background
- Experience of delivering blended learning solutions in the support of care worker training programmes
- Excellent communication, networking and influencing skills
- Excellent team player
- Organised and structured approach
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft software packages
- Adaptable and strong communication style to meet the needs and learning styles of different people groups
- Confident and articulate communicator
- High level of enthusiasm and passion
- Previous experience of delivering health and social care development programmes.